Sunday, July 8, 2012

Chocolate Chip cookies Every Cowboy will like
My cowgirl and I were looking up pictures in the NY Times of me spinning and she ran across the worlds best cookies rated by New York Times. You have to try them they are great, they didn't last 24 hours in our house.
The New York Times rated these Chocolate Chip cookies the best ever.
 I got some last night and I think they are right. Even cowboys like hot cookies and cold milk.
2 cups minus two Tablespoons (8.5 oz ) Cake Flour
1 2/3 cup bread flower (8.5oz)
She only uses all purpose flour for the recipe.
1 ¼ teaspoons of baking soda
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 ½ teaspoons coarse salt
2 ½ sticks of unsalted butter
1 ¼ cups of light brown sugar
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ¼ ponds of Chocolate chip
The Mix
Sift flower, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside
Using a mixture with paddle attachment, cream butter until lightly fluffy – about 5 minutes
Add eggs and Vanilla Extract. Reduce to low spread and dry ingredients slowly,
Mixing just until combined. Fold in Chocolate chips.
Refrigerate dough for about 2 to 36 Minutes. (But we skipped this step but they turn out just as great if not! So don’t sweat the Refrigerating it. I think it’s just to get your taste buds going while you wait.)
When ready to bake pre-heat oven to 350.Degrees
Drop Spoon falls of dough onto baking sheet and bake only for 10 to 12 minutes. I prefer 11 minutes because if a cookie is burnt on bottom it reunions that whole cookies
I Hope You Like hem! I loved them. I’m putting some in my saddle bag for my next trip out.  They are good for once the New York times were close to being right on the money. Good luck getting your cowgirl to make batch if do it yourself. There is enough energy in each cookie for you to cover two or three bulls. God Luck Boys….. You’re Going to get a real rush off them.

No comments:

Post a Comment