Thursday, June 21, 2012


I was introduced to the Western Life Style at a very young age. My first memories were of my father riding bareback horses before I started school, I remember it so well because he had a bad wreck and the horse darn near killed him. I’ve been performing every since I can remember before I done my first roping act at the age of 9 I rode bucking ponies in the Little Britches rodeo and I was a Tap Dancer with an act of my brother and I as Hobos dancing our way across the country. We did pretty well in fact we made the top ten finalists nationally and performed in the finals. It would have been a show similar to Americas got Talent. Since then I’ve been a professional Bull Rider and Team Roped, during my younger school years. In fact I was about the only one who as a freshman in Junior High to Letter in Football and Rodeo. My class ring had a foot ball on one side and a Bull rider on the other. I went on to be a Bull Fighter with David Vanbuskirk. We had a full blown show were we had an ambulance and a Donkey we traveled with. One night on the way you the Newkirk Rodeo David and I seen a house on fire so David jumped out and called 911 and tried to help people out of that old house and about got himself burnt up, he also assisted the fire fighters that battled the blaze. I don’t know what happened but that night for sure David changed, he wanted to be a fire fighter and he did. Now that was good for him but not so much for me I now didn’t have a traveling partner to split the gas with. We’ll I’m proud of David he is still putting out fires and moving up in the department while I’m still running around these old rodeos shows Trick Roping. Maybe I should have hung up my hat and became a fire fighter but looking back I would not of made to good of one like Dave, I’m not as app to run into a burning house. So I’m glad I went on Roping and hitting the circuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment