Saturday, June 23, 2012

Just thinking back of some of my dad’s old friends and I remember going to the Pro-Rodeos stopping by this cowboys booth who was set up and selling music and he and his wife talked to my dad and step mom allot mostly because worked most the same shows year around. I keep thinking to myself, this must be how you get famous or get your name out there by being at every event you can telling your story and showing your product. I bought some of his tapes and playing them while traveling to rodeos jamming to songs like Copenhagen Cowboy. I always wondered how long I would be seeing him show up at every rodeo, And he never stop going. I visited with him at every show after I found out he sang songs about real rodeo life not like other country singers. Then one day I heard over the radio he had a top hit Cadillac Ranch. I was glad to hear he got a big recording deal. This happened something like ten years of him setting up booths and autographing tapes himself. I realized I had watched a singer work hard and had faith in what he did, so I was proud of my family and his being good friends. It had a sad ending though he became sick and passed away way to early in life but the time I spent hanging around Chris LeDoux was one I will never forget. And Chris did love what he did , he lived his life the way he wanted spending it around other cowboys and on the road. Chris was a true 110% cowboy and one of the nicest men I ever knew who always had time to spend with me. God Bless his fans and his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment